Trishla Orthopedic Clinic & Rehabilitation Center
was started with very small set of two rooms in an old building in year 2005 but with high aim. Initially this center used to provide consultation to all difficult orthopedic problems but now this center is being recognized as a center of excellence in providing comprehensive care in the field of pediatric orthopedics and & reconstructive surgery.
Center has given new hope of life in more than 10000 children with different orthopedic problem like congenital anomalies (Club foot, CDH, Proximal femoral deficiency, fibular hemimelia , tibial hemimelia ), cerebral palsy, post polio residual deformity, limb shortening, post osteomyelitis joint & bony deformity, meningo-myelocoele. At present it has orthopedic clinic with well develop Rehab Center. Trishla orthopedic clinic provide all financial & technical support to samvedna trust & trishla foundation. all major surgeries are being performed at private Hospital setup equip with all modern facility.
1. Routine orthopedic consultancy
2. Specialized Consultancy for pediatric orthopedics like congenital bony anamoly, pediatric trauma and bony deformity
3. Radiology & Medical store
4. training to young therapist in the field of pediatric rehabilitation
5. Minor orthopedic procedure
6. advance rehabilitation services to children with physical disability like cerebral palsy
7. Major orthopedic surgery (done by Dr. J K Jain at Parvati Hospital Pvt. Ltd. set up)
Cerebral Palsy- An Overview
Cerebral palsy is the term used to define most common neurological disorder that occurs due to damage in the developing brain in utero, infancy or in early childhood up to 3 year age, and after that it permanently affects body movement and causes lack of muscle coordination. Brain lesion didn’t get worse over period of time but physical disability can regress, remain same or may improve with time depending upon treatment intervention. half of these children can have one or more other problem like problem in speech, hearing, vision, convulsion, recurrent infection and mental retardation. Its proper symptoms can be detected early even at the age of 3-6 month. Premature & low birth weight infants are mostly vulnerable to this disorder. most of time cause of CP is not known and sometimes caused genetically.
Cerebral Palsy is broadly classified into three types
Spastic cerebral palsy:- child feels difficult to move. in early phase they have spasticity & with passage of time they develop contracture & fix deformity.
Athetoid cerebral Palsy :- child has bizarre & uncontrolled movement in body.
Ataxic cerebral palsy :- unable to have sense of balance and depth perception.
Some of the major causes of Cerebral Palsy are:-
1. Infection during pregnancy: It directly harms the developing nervous system of the fetus. Also, some virus and parasites like toxoplasmosis, rubella, cytomegalovirus (TORCH Infection)etc. are responsible for infection.
2. Sever jaundice in the infant : in the case of new-borns, jaundice is treated with light therapy however, in some rare cases, intense and uncured jaundice can damage the brain cells.
3. Incompatibility of antibodies or RH between mother and infant: in this case the mother’s body may behave as allergic to the baby and this will cause to the attack of antibodies to fetus’s red blood cells, and this creates anaemia. Finally it causes severe brain damage in the fetus or causes cerebral Palsy.
4. Significant trauma to the head during delivery: severe lack of oxygen to the brain during delivery also causes brain damage in infants. some other causes are asphyxia, genetic anamoly, metabolic abnormality etc.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
There is no cure of cerebral palsy because brain damage can not be repaired; however, a proper cerebral palsy treatment can enhance the capabilities of a child. our goal to rehabilitate this children to their maximum ability and make them to live nearly normal life with least impact of disability. Even small degrees of improvement in these individual makes a great difference. Getting a child to walk, be it in crutches, in braces or with a walker, is much better than having him in a wheelchair. quality of life & survival in children with ambulatory capability is similar to normal population . they can have job, live independently, marry, have a child & retire. combination of therapeutic modality is mainstay of treatment. But after getting certain improvement few children with spastic cerebral palsy start deteriorating due to development of deformity, mechanical misalignment, bony torsion and persistent of spasticity. Then they need good quality of intervention modality like botulinum toxin in early age(2-6 year age) and orthopedic surgical intervention in late age (after 6 year age). every orthopedic surgery dont help every time and some time they even can harm to child so all of them need advance surgical concept SEMLOSSS (single event multi level surgery by OSSCS concept). in this concept every affected muscle, deformity, bony torsion will be corrected in single setting anesthesia so that child will not need repeated admission in hospital and rehab can be started with in 2 week of surgery and child is going to have excellent outcome with in short time. We utalized per cutaneous technology so that child is going to have minimum and aesthetic scar . In semlosss most of the time we balance muscle tone by aponeurotic release at musculotendinous junction so that child is no going to worse after surgery and if required we supplement wit tendon transfer and lever arm restoration simultaneously. In last 8 year more than 500 children and adult has undergone surgery with this concept and got excellent outcome in more than 90 % individual without any side effect and recurrence. this technique excellent recovery in 6-10 year age group but also very useful in elder age group child and adult. It is very important to continue therapy after surgery for long duration so that physical stamina will be balance without any weakness.